Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Shiny happy notions

I realize that many of my blog-posts are angst filled, stressed-out rants or deeply introspective nonsense that probably makes everyone think I'm on the path to a Sylvia Plath fate.

Today, I am not going to post angst or stress.....which does not mean that life is super-smooth and perfect.
Nah.
It just means that I am going to concentrate on all of these great little things......let's make a list.

1) While I have a christmas tree covered with sparkly and fancy decorations (and a few amusing ones too.....like santa and all the reindeer crammed into a phone booth)....this year I'm more in love with the little trees that I've been calling "My seven dollars of awesome". One is a Charlie-Brown-esque tiny live potted tree and the other a miniature LED light up number.

2) The kid is getting harder to shop for, but some of his presents benefit me as well....like, say, Season 6 of Doctor Who.....plus it gives me an excuse to buy silly things like a TARDIS cookie jar that has sound effects.

3) I love that I can put "Christmastime is here" on constant repeat and not have to make up excuses.....like I do the rest of the year.

4) changing the lyrics to other well known Christmas tunes to suit the juvenile sense of humor that I share with my 11-Year-Old son.

4) Everything is pretty. If it's not, just put a bow on it and it becomes pretty.

5) Treats from the kitchen that I know are good enough to disburse and watch other people enjoy: Fudge. Pineapple bread pudding. Cookies.

6) Charity toy drives, angel trees, food drives.....watching the faces of the 'givers' as they drop off the treasures is probably just as awesome as watching the faces of the 'receivers' when they get the goodies.

7) The Shoebox section of Christmas cards. The kid and I laugh like loons and cause a general disturbance.

No comments:

Post a Comment