Sunday, July 10, 2011

Capturing childhood amusement

Kudos to the kid that was sitting in front of me on the airplane to my vacation destination.
He was about five, maybe six.
His observations and commentary were a running amusement for the 2+ hour flight.
Samples:

His initial excited comments (to his father) upon being seated went something like:
boy: I love airplanes. If you got an airplane would you take me for a ride in it?
dad: of course
boy: But, if you had an airplane, where would you park it? I guess you could park it in the driveway.

Soon,we were told of a 45 minute weather related delay.
Boy: "We're all gonna die!!!"

Boy stands up and points to the ceiling
boy: "What's up there?"
Dad: "oxygen masks"
boy: "What is an oks ah gen mask for?"
dad: "In case there's an emergency and the plane loses air, the oxygen masks allow us to breathe"
boy: (choking and gasping, eyes bulging, cheeks puffed out) I. can't. breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
(boy collapses back in his seat, eyes closed)
(eyes pop open) "I'm only kidding. Of course I can breathe. Because that's my superpower. I can breathe through anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment